Abbrevated as DCC. HOBt or HOAt was proposed as an additive to DCC to reduce racemization.1 Widely used as dehydrating and oxidizing agents for the synthesis such as proteins, amides and esters.2,3,4,5 One of the simplest, mildest and most effective reagents for the preparation of symmetrical anhydrides.6 A combination of DCC and dimethyl sulfoxide is used as a mild oxidizing agent for gentle oxidation of primary alcohols to aldehydes and secondary alcohols to ketones.
- Chim. Oggi 2003, 6.
- Synlett 2007, 2306.
- Biochem. J. 2004, 381, 79.
- Tetrahedron 2004, 60, 2447.
- Eur. J. Sci. Res. 2009, 31, 510.
- J. Org. Chem. 2002, 67, 5226.
- Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2006, 14, 4341.